Re: XyWrite and TeX

Caballero wrote:

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Leslie Bialler wrote:
I miss the Royal Standard keyboard from the mid-1950s, which had an elongated tab key about where the return key would turn up on electric models. You could hit it with your palm. I miss it but I don't expect to see it again. And for sure I don't spend any time whining about it.
Aw, come on, Leslie. With the gumption and know-how in this group, why don't we just build our own custom keyboards? We've got used to creating just about everything else from the ground up!
Now THAT would be fun to try. Actually, I once thought to rejigger my keyboard file so that the right enter key would instead be the tab key, and vice versa. I forget why I abandoned that project . . . hmm . . . .
Carlo Carlo.Caballero@xxxxxxxx
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup