Query: Copying text into XyWrite from Word (Windows XP) and similar

Is there a way to copy text created in a Word file into a XyWrite file? At
the moment I have files in Word (Windows XP) which I created using
voice-recognition software. I have my XyWrite 3.5 running in DOS. Most
always when I try to copy Word material into XyWrite -- using copy and
paste -- various bits of coding (e.g., for italics) "confuse" the recipient
(the XyWrite file), and I end up with all the words but in a jumble, out of
order, etc.

Any solutions? I have tried saving Word files in all sorts of different
formats without any luck to date.