Re: New Windows installer for vDos-lfn

Hi Wengier,

Thanks for sorting these things out. The progress has been outstanding
so far.

I had 'KEYDELAY = 500', and when I changed this to 400, the problem
disappeared. Is there an allowable range for these values (KEYDELAY and
KEYINTER) ?

The Ctrl drag solution works well. There is, however, a situation that
causes the app to crash. If you move the application window to another
screen (and the window is so big that it does not fit completely into
the new screen because of resolution) and try to make it full screen, it
crashes. Most virtual machines I use calculate the percentage of screen
area the app window occupies, and open the maximized app window on the
screen with the biggest percentage of overlap.

I would also like renew my question about multiple screen support.
Clearly, the app is aware of the screen it is on, so would it be
possible to make it open on a certain screen via config.txt? E.g. SCREEN = 2

Another minor observation regarding the taskbar. When you open the app
on a screen with a Windows taskbar and the application window is so big
that it overlaps the taskbar, the app window is not topmost if it is not
full screen. You can only make all of the application window show if you
make it full screen. You can then normalize the window (alt-enter) and
it retains full view, but only until the next switch to some other
application. Then you would need to repeat the maximize cycle to have
full view. (Taskbar behavior is different on different versions of
Windows, I am running Win 7).

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)