Scrambled Files

O XyWrite eXperts:

I have a recurring probl,e. I use XyWrite 3.57 almost entirely
for writing and editing text. Being cautious, I save everything
on two removable disks. Every so often, I find that the contents
of one disk get scrambled -- that is, when I call a file by its
proper file name, I get not that file, but a chunk of some other
file.

Briefly: I call a text file from one of the floppy disks. I work
on thatt file, saving to that floppy from time to time. When
done, I give the command "sa b:" (rather than just "sa". (Without
the quote marks, of course.) Program replies that the file exists
and do I want to overwrite. I tell the program "y" and it saves.
Then I swap disks and go through that procedure again. Usually,
this works; sometimes, it scrambles the contents of that disk.

Any suggestions? (I'm on a dos machine with DOS 5.1.)

George Scithers of owlswick@xxxxxxxx