Flat Panel Monitor Recommendations & Xy (?)

I know this has been discussed here extensively, but mostly from
a problems or
troubleshooting perspective. I recall discussion to the effect
that it makes a big
difference whether we're talking Analog or Digital, and various
other technical
factors (TFT vs. whatever, etc.). In this query, I'd like to
come at it from another
angle, starting out with a clean slate, so to speak.

Is anyone on the list using a large (preferably 18" or larger),
truly outstanding
flat panel monitor (gorgeous colors, razor sharp text, wide
viewing angle, adapts
well to a range of lighting conditions), **with** Xy4DOS, and
experiencing NO
significant problems or compromises ? Even if you happen to run
Xy under Win ?
If so, I'd really like to know the make and model. I almost
don't care about the
price, but anything less than a 3 year warranty is probably a
disqualifier.

(Incidentally, let me say that another major competitive test is
the way photos or
digital video shows up on the panel. The lesser technologies
tend to fall by the
wayside when put to this test.) I could not make Fall Comdex
last Nov., so my
observations are out of date here, but up until now (leaving out
some exotic panels
that are hard to find), the best looking ones I'd seen under a
major label were
probably the VP series from Viewsonic. Nanao and IBM also had
some good ones.

Thanks in advance.

Jordan