Nota Bene version 5.003

Dear XyWriters:

Thanks from all of us at Nota Bene for the terrific response we have gotten
to our recent mailing.

As Daniel Say has pointed out, I am a member of this list, and while usually
silent, I am always interested in what?s going on -- and particularly
interested in what you are thinking about Nota Bene.

I was about to post information about our newest upgrade -- version 5.003,
but I see that Alan Sandercock beat me to the punch with his ?NBWin 5.003
arrives? message (Thanks, Alan, for your endorsement of the product!).

The 5.003 upgrade is brand new and it includes an optional XyWrite keyboard,
as well as other improvements to the program. As Alan noted, when you load
the XyWrite keyboard, the XyWrite keyboard short cuts are reflected on the
pull down menus. Those of you who ordered Nota Bene recently may have
experienced a short delay as we were holding orders in anticipation of being
able to provide you with the latest update. All orders that were being held
have now been shipped. Those who have downloaded the demo (version 5.002)
and would like to see version 5.003 can download the new demo from our web
site (it will be available later today or tomorrow). The demos are limited
for a total of 90 days, but the newer demo can be installed over the older
demo during this period. For more information, see our main web page at
www.notabene.com or our special XyWrite page at www.notabene.com/xywrite.

manual. We know that many of our customers would like a written manual, but
we are a small company with limited resources and we are focusing all of our
efforts on producing the best possible program. Sorry, but, to be blunt, we
can?t afford to produce written documentation at this time. We hope to
produce a manual sometime in the future, but not now. We do provide Help
files (they have been expanded in version 5.003) and sample files (in the
document\samples directory of the main program directory -- usually \nbwin\
or \nbdemo\) and tutorials on Orbis and Ibidem (accessible from Help).

It has been suggested that people contact me directly regarding their receipt
or non-receipt of postcards, and some of you have done so. I am not as
interested in who did get the card (I do have access to the mailing list we
used), but if you did not get the card and would like information, please let
me know.

Finally, I would like to confirm that we have extended the special XyWrite
offers to November 15. Please make sure that you let us know that you are a
XyWrite user when you order so that you will receive the discounted price.

Please feel free to contact me on or off list if you have any questions or
comments.

Thanks again for your interest and support.

Anne Putnam
President, Nota Bene Associates, Inc.
aputnam@xxxxxxxx
or anneputnam@xxxxxxxx