Re: Strange error with 'callup'

Reply to note from "Paul Breeze"
(Redacted sender "paul.breeze" for DMARC) Sun, 04 Mar 2018 15:25:11
+0000

Paul,

> So, it works now but there is something odd going on, and the odd
> behaviour is reproducible. I have just put ASPLGB back into the
> keyboard file and the same thing happens, no spelling of a large
> file, but fine with a smaller. Remove GB again, and all is fine.

Fascinating! And very strange. I can't reproduce it here with ASPLGB in
my keyboard file. What key are you assigning it to? I'd like to try
that.

> Occasionally when I command "Framename"-helpkey it takes me to the
> entry in the index of help frames rather than the helpframe.

I'm tripping over the terminology. Are you saying that when you command
Framename, Framename isn't launched but you are instead taken
to the index of help frames in XYWWWEB.INF? That would be very odd
indeed. Or are you saying that when you command HELP Framename
sometimes you're taken to the index listing rather than the detailed
help screen? The latter does happen, and it usually means that there is
no detailed help for a particular framename. More rarely, with a
particular framename you'll be taken to the index listing even though
there *is* a detailed help screen; when I run across this error I try
to correct it for the next release of U2.

In general, for framename FOO, the following commands apply:
FOO [args] Launch (run) frame FOO
HELP FOO  Display help for frame FOO
NABFRM FOO Locate the code for frame FOO in U2

By the way, in the latest update of U2 I added a detailed Help screen
for frame ASPL, including download links and documentation.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx