Re: Win 8.1 32-bit

OK, progress.

I copied over the XY folder to Win 8.1 from a different XP install, and voila: both thesaurus and
Clip work. I went to Properties in the .pif shortcut and pumped up the size to 20-point so the XY
window would look big enough on this little screen. That's fine with me--I copy over to Windows Word
and change the font and intelligent quotes to send to the office for publication.

Tame, not yet. autoexec.nt is still in System32 in Win 8.1. And it shows that I installed Tame 5.1
in a line that is REM (remarks, not read). I tried to delete the REM to make Tame run in
autoexec.nt.

But Win 8.1 is so darn security minded that it won't let me edit the autoexec.nt file although I am
Administrator. I also tried editing it in XY4 and that seemed to be accepted, but TAME is still not

Still, this is readable, usable and so far glitch-free XY4 in Windows 8.1, even without TAME. I'll
take it.

JP