Re[2]: help!

I know some people on the list have run XyDos on Linux with no
problem. I haven't tried it yet -- or rather, the last time I tried I
was using a laptop, and back then (about 5 years ago) Linux wasn't
really able to deal with laptop displays (this has changed).

But I wanted to respond to your comment about the file system. If you
partition your hard disk so that one part is DOS or Win and the other
Linux, you can set up Linux to access the files on the DOS/Win
directory. So the different file system only need apply to the Linux
partition, and all your old files can still be used.