Re: Lost expanded memory

Paul Breeze wrote:

> I have little flexibility within my new Award bios. I can enable or disable usb keyboard and
> mouse. I've tried both but it makes no difference to EMS. My system will boot from usb drives but
> I don't have the option of disabling this. The only other option is to disable usb entirely. This
> leaves me with no usb functionality, so I lose my mouse and printer.

I haven't followed this thread closely but isn't it possible to relocate
the EMS buffer? There's sometimes some unused space in that region of
memory and it's just a case of finding a 64k bit which is unused.
In the old days, I had a program which displayed which bits of upper
memory were in use but I can't remember its name.
John