U2

I have finally decided to take U2 seriously, and have
downloaded the latest version (6/3/00).

I use XyDos 4.018 with Windows98 on a Dell Inspiron 3200
laptop.

I've taken care of all the "Before You Start" procedures,
and am ready to start Installation, except I seem to have
three Xy directories:

\Xy4, which contains 74 files, including an editor.exe of
681824 bytes dated 8/23/99 at 12:09 pm (plus keyboard files,
printer files, and all the other regalia).

\xy4018, which contains 6 files, also including an
editor.exe of 681824 bytes dated 8/23/99 at 12:09 pm (plus a
pif with a later date than the one in \xy4; two startup
files that don't match the dates or sizes of the ones in
\xy4; and what I think might be unzip files: Win9x-1.exe,
and Winzip70.exe).

\xy4017, which contains an editor.001, btfonts.exe, disk.id,
install.exe, xydossx.exe, xywrite.inf, xywrite.001, three
readme's, and a .zip file and a pkunzip file.

Queries:

Which directory do I install Xywwweb.U2 in?

Can I get rid of \xy4017?

Should any of these directories be combined?

----------------------------
Also:

I am about to start searching for a suitable key to convert
to a U2 helpkey, and welcome any suggestions, especially for
potential helpkeys that can be used alone and not in
combination with ctrl, alt, sft etc.

Since I'm using a laptop, I have an Fn key that currently
seems to be used only in combination with other keys, but
this key doesn't show up on any of my keyboard maps. Does
anyone know if there is a number for this key, or whether it
is safe to assign it for use alone, in non-combination, as a
help key? Would this disable it for use in combinations?

What about F1, which is now a help key, or F10 which calls
drop-down help boxes? With U2 installed, do I still need
these?

Anyway, I'm going to start searching now, but if anyone on
the list can suggest a suitable key before I find one, it
will be a great help.

Many thanks,

Judith Davidsen