Re: U2

Reply to note from Judith Davidsen  Sat, 10
Jun 2000 13:11:51 -0400

-> I've taken care of all the "Before You Start" procedures, and
-> am ready to start Installation, except I seem to have three Xy
-> directories

Judith:

First of all, clean up your directory structure! Find out which of
these directories has your active copy of EDITOR.EXE, and make sure
that it has the latest files. (To find out where your active copy
of EDITOR is, command VA/NV $ED). A directory-compare utility such
as PC Mag's DIRMATCH.COM can ease the process of consolidating and
pruning directories. If you need a copy, I'll ship it to you.

You can install U2 in any directory. The directory with EDITOR.EXE
is an obvious choice.

-> I'm going to start searching now, but if anyone on the list can
-> suggest a suitable key before I find one

The choice of  is up to you. An unshifted key is
convenient, but not required. Stay away from keys like F1 and F10
that have menu functionality or other established uses, since you'll
still want to use these resources from time to time. Shifting keys
like CTRL, ALT or SHIFT can be used, but be aware that any stand-
alone function only takes effect when the key is released.
Experiment! You'll find that the Jumbo U2 coexists peaceably with
any existing XyWrite setup, menu- or command-driven.

Let us know how you do.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/