Re: off Topic: PINE

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Reply to note from WooF  Thu, 27 Dec 2001
> 20:37:18 -0500 (EST)
>
> > "Pine" is an e-mail program developed by the University of
> > Washington (state, of course). It is UNIX-based.
> >
> > George Scithers of owlswick@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Pine has been ported to Windows, and there is even an older version
> for DOS. See http://www.washington.edu/pine/pc-pine/. Never used
> it myself, so I can't comment on its features.

Thanx for the info. What prompted my post was a notice I got within the
last 2 or 3 weeks that the port for OS/2 had been updated. (So you were
_not_ the PINE user I was thinking of . . . . )  I guess I'm wondering
why I might want to consider using this, as opposed to the email client
in Netscape (mediocre but convenient), or the various standalone email
programs for OS/2, if I decided to make a change.

Jordan