Re: Two real, honest-to-goodness Xy questions

Like any art, writing is of its own time. Why shouldn't a translation be of the same period to convey that?

I don't usually weigh in on such matters, but might the sense of "all is nothing but ..." be found in "naught but," as in "There is naught but order and beauty," or perhaps "There, naught exists but order and beauty"?

Jeff Seager