The Anti-OS Brigade: Why?

This is an open list and discussion is not restricted to certain
aspects only of XyWrite.
Yet, some of the comments of the past few days read like an attempt by
a few to restrict
the postings to a narrow ( or narrower) range of XyWrite topics. To me,
it sounds like
verbal intimidation.

You cannot run XyWrite without an os. As an OS/2 user, I know how well
XyW (in all its flavours) runs under that very mature operating system.
And, I am keen to hear about its performance under other os's, notably
Win95 and Linux. What seems odd to me is that some people spend time
crusading *against* an operating system, usually one they have never
used.

Let a thousand flowers bloom.

Cheers,
John G