Re: NB...BB blocks that did break and shouldn't

Eric and Carl may have revealed an interesting quirk about XyWrite. Some
line- or paragraph-oriented commands operate on the line on which they occur
(FC, FL, FR; apparently BB?); some on the line after (PG). Some
page-oriented commands will affect the current page only if they're
immediately after the page break (or within the set of "deltas" that begin a
page; otherwise, they affect the following page (OF, RF, etc.). It's
worthwhile, when XyWrite seems to be acting unpredictably with respect to
where commands take effect, to do a little experimenting and/or RTFM.

The NB command, BTW, can be handy in styles that set heading parameters. Put
in NB3, for instance, and your heading will always have at least 2 lines
after it. I *think* the NB has to be after the end of the style setup; if I
remember to look, I'll report back.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx