Re: XYwrite on OS2 now in OEM

> --------------- and it won't work. They know better, that is
it's
>   better business to write a Windows version to work in DOS or
>   OS/2, than a 'native' OS/2 product.
> > Still, how terrific was it? Can you post any comments from
your
> Chicago Tribune contact about the system and its integration in
OS/2?
>               say@xxxxxxxx
>               D.Say

I doubt that they "know better" since there is nothing to know.
They've written a windows version that doesn't sell and isn't
very good. If they've already written the basics of an OS/2
version then they have a product for a market that is clamoring
for a decent wordprocessor (DeScribe is well made but incredibly
clunky and clearlook is underpowered). Not one OS/2 is going to
buy XyWrite for WIndows; many thousands would buy XyWrite for
OS/2.  I for one have totally converted to OS/2 except for
XyWrite (DOS of course). I've been learning DeScribe but
frankly, despite DeScribe's powerful layout features and very
welldone use of the OS/2 environment, it takes less time to do
things in XyWrite. And less diskspace: Describe text files
average 4-10 times the size of XyWrite files!

-
David Auerbach
auerbach@xxxxxxxx   Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU