Programming Query: Stripdir

I just discovered the valuable U2 routine stripdir. it's just what I
needed, but I've noticed something a little puzzling. First of all, is
there some way of calling Stripdir (with JM; I know that much) in a
program, then having the program wait until one has positioned the cursor
and then hit a key, and then proceeding with the rest of the program?
Probably too much to hope for, and not really necessary.

If I call DIR, and run stripdir against it with the P switch, I then want
to position my cursor at the beginning of one of the fully qualified DOS
file names and then run a program that starts by defining that line and
saving it to a variable. Here's the code:
XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
[DF_][ER_][DF_]{<}SV01{>}
-nd
XPLeNCODE
( Yes, I could have used Func DL [define line] and probably should and
will)

It works fine if I follow Run myprog.pgm by hitting the Return/Enter key.
But if I hit F9, I get an error message, "File not found"--and the
filename being sought is a reiteration of the directory name. For
example, say my Stripdir result window shows, among other files, one
called
E:\xyinfo\2004\myposts\zvread.rtf
the "File not found" is listed as
e:\xyinfo\2004\myposts\e:\xyinf.200

I suspect some variable-contents conflicts, but cannot figure out what. I
tried increasing all S/G values by 10 (so that it reads ]{<}SV10{>}, but
the same thing happens.

PS WHAT is the U2 routine that lists the contents of all active S/Gs? I
found it, forgot (like a ninny) to write it down, and now cannot find it
again.
Thanks.

Patricia