Re: XyW on a T43 with XP Pro

Phillip Alder wrote:
I have a T43 ThinkPad running Windows XP Professional. I have tried unsuccessfully to install XyWrite for Windows. (I used safe mode, as required by TTG.)
This is the great unsolved mystery. Xywin runs fine on some XP boxes,
won't run at all on others, and NO ONE has been able to figure out
why. Somebody had a mo for installing, but if you have a working
setup, copying it is easier and safer. What happens when you copy and
then try to run? Zilch? Opens and freezes? What?
I don't think Home versus Pro is the issue, because I can run it on XP
Pro at the office. Laptops do have a lot of extra services running,
but many people cannot make it work on a desktop either. Let me see if
I ever compiled (or started to) an archive on this. Totally
inexplicable mysteries like this really bug me. Computers are supposed
to be science, not mumbo-jumbo and jiggery-pokery.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx