Re: DeScribe Voyager??

On 14-AUG-1995 14:01:07.4 xywrite said to LESLIE319
 >≪I am amazed, too, at the similarity of their mind sets to that of the
 >"black helicopter" conspiracy theorists: you know, "The New York Times
 >is lying; the Washington Post is lying; ABC News is lying; CNN is
 >lying; the govt. of course is lying. Only I MARTY MILITIAMAN know the
 >real truth."≫
 >I thought no one would ever say it, Leslie! Aesthetic Realism cultists
 >could fund their operation by selling their "Victim of the Press"
 >badges to other true believers. Under the thin cloak of A Cause,
 >zealotry's all alike--OS fervor as well.

 Of course! This is the ultimate refuge of preening narcissists, such as
the loopy cultists who dwell herein. The Press doesn't agree with me, so it
must be lying. I Marty Militiaman am always right. Only I know the truth
and the rest of you are being brainwashed by the columnists of the New York
Times. Sheesh. Okay Timesguys! I know there are a few of you who
subscribe to this list. I defended your august publication, which I could
not live without, twice. Do I win a free beer?
 >Usenet makes it obvious that
 >the OS--System 7, Warp, AmigaDOS, unix in all its variety, GEOS,
 >whatever--is incidental. What drives causes is the social class or
 >institution ("M$" in this case) that leaves zealots feeling, uh,
 >powerless and enraged. The feeble sexism that permeates msgs and cheap
 >shots they aim at me is to be expected.

Bastardi noncarborundum.
 >They're bullies. They bully
 >the list and they bully TTG.

Like all bullies they are preening narcissists with no direction home.
 >Safer to join other Times-bashing
 >extremists than to challenge IBM for pulling the plug on desktop os/2.

Right!
 >Did any xyWarpWhiner ever browbeat Lou Gerstner to share with
 >TTG someof IBM's fund to encourage third-party development? Why ask? Bullies
 >pick on little guys, not 800-pound gorillas. Hats off to Ken Frank for
 >his resolve! TO KEN FRANK:

Yeah!
 >Have mercy on DOS/Windows users. Tell us when TTG will announce the
 >enhancements you've mentioned so we can unsubscribe this os/2
 >testimonials list till then. Pleeeeease.   --a
 >========================== annie fisher  nyc
 >"Obsessions with operating systems
 >is fighting the last war." --IBM CEO Louis V. Gerstner

Hear hear!!
`[1;30;41mRainbow V 1.19.1 for Delphi - Test Drive