spans time and space

from Morris

  essence@xxxxxxxx

  E-mail, cyberspace, virtual reality, world wide web and digital
information are all wonderful, yet they hinge on one thing - thought images
of the mind, building castles and consciously creating without cost. For all
this we must thank Alexander Graham Bell and his invention of the telephone.
When first invented, many considered it a toy with no commerial value or
use. There was also a riot demonstrating against its use as words spoken
over its lines were blamed for spreading illness. Is it ironic that
superstition and misconceptions regarding illness and how it is spread still
exist today. Instead of realizing that our illnesses are basically
self-inflicted (the eating habits of civilized man is nothing to be proud
of and the use of drugs legal or otherwise only adds to our woes) everything
else under the sun is blamed - viruses, germs, the unseen, ghosts and
goblins.

  This information age is indeed wonderful because almost in the twinkling
of an eye, time and space is spanned. Where I live I am six hours ahead of
USA's east coast, ten hours ahead of California and the west coast. In turn
Australia is about 10 hours ahead of me and Japan perhaps even more distant
in time.

  Yes Japan, land of the Rising Sun, but from Rene's enthusiastic and
continual import to the XyWrite Group, it may be more appropriate to refer
to it as the land where the Sun does not Set. Whenever I search my e-mail,
he is there with his valuable and useful contribution. So forgive me if I
think he never sleeps or Japan is the land where the light and sun is ever
present.

  As it is midnight at the time of writing this, I think I am emulating
Rene. The reason why I am so awake is that in place of my evening meal I
slept for two hours. This seems to indicate that the mind works best when
the stomach is empty as too much food dulls and stem the flow of thoughts..