Re: Xy4 spelling and Microlytics

** Reply to note from Carlo Caballero  Mon, 12 May 1997 11:25:34 -0400 (EDT)

> Can these foreign-language dictionaries be used with XY3 and XY4, or only
> Signature?

They can be used with Xy4DOS. Lemme check XyWin ...
No, it doesn't work in XyWin. When I try to set default LX, XyWin declares
that it can't find PCLEXAM.DLL. I don't have that file anywhere on my disk
(anybody have it on theirs'?). There are PCLEXAM.DL0|1|2|and 3, but
they don't satisfy XyWin. I tried renaming one of these .DL# files as
PCLEXAM.DLL; the error msg disappeared, but generated a fatal Protection
violation. Unless there's some trick of which I'm unaware...

I conclude that the multilingual dictionaries can be used in Signature and in
Xy4DOS, but not (certainly) in Xy3 or (apparently) in XyWin.

So far I've verified that they exist in French, German, and American English. Is
there a Spanish dictionary? A British dictionary? Others?? I wonder if TTG
would permit us to exchange them publicly...?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx