Re: Reverse-order printing [Was: Printers/XyWrite 3+/OS2 v

On Sun, 12 Jan 1997 19:10:04 +0900 (JST) Rene wrote:

>Robert Holmgren:
>>Look, you've got a problem, and the upgrade resolves it. That's what
>>upgrades are for. Do it and get it over with.
>
>Uh, is switching from from III+ to IV really just a matter of
>"doing it and getting it over with"? What about all the converting
>and changing? Why does IV come with a whole booklet called "making the
>transition"? And what about those IV bugs that are mentioned ever
>so often on this list?
>
>Just asking... if you convince me that it is really just a matter
>of a simple "upgrade", I too might (after years) take if off the
>bookshelf and install it.
>

>-- Rene

Granted if XY4 solves the reverse printed page problem and
all else fails I will go to XY4. Solving the page order
problem is that crucial to me. But that doesn't mean that I
will somehow avoid all the bugs and bruises we all read
about on the list re XY4 that I don't deal with in XY3.
Whatever bugs there are in 3+ I cannot cite one that hits
me. What is suggested as *the* obvious solution strikes me
as a less than perfect Hobson's choice. I realize life is
full of tradeoffs. I guess I was hoping (still am) that
there's another option.

thanks to everyone for their help.
rick pienciak
pienciak@xxxxxxxx