Re: TAME [was: Hardware ID (was Completely Off-Topic)

Sorry, Michael, but I'm giving up on Tame 5.1. It's just not worth the grief. I'm not fixing what ain't broke any more.

Incidentally,  Harry's Numlock fix didn't work--it was "correct" and malfunctioning--and with a laptop I don't have separate number pad keys.

The thesaurus was working in 4.5. I don't see any reason to go through a whole lot of tweaking when 4.5 worked fine.

Unfortunately, now it's not.

My Tame testing had an unfortunate side effect.

Now, when I have Xy4 open (with Tame 4.5e), nothing else will load. That is, if I have Xy4 running and try to open Firefox or Eudora--or even Properties on the Xy4 shortcut--nothing loads until I quit Xy4.

Does anyone know the Tame or Xy4 or Windows setting that will fix this?  I'm sure it's something retrospectively obvious.

Thanks.

Jon Pareles

I assume you've tried Harry's Numlock fix. Should work.

 Use the
number pad keys to manipulate the thesaurus.

Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42297/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta