Conversion problems re: TEXTOUT.FLT

I've just been informed that my new British publisher _must_ have
the manuscript I turned in this week on disk, but _can't_ cope with
XyWrite files. I work in XyWrite for Windows 4.11; after reading the
recent discussions here, I wanted to try the XyW > RTF >
[Word/WordPerfect] route that some of you were talking about. But
when I invoke the SAVE AS menu option with a XyW file open, I
get an error message "Cannot find TEXTOUT.FLT." However, a
directory search shows TEXTOUT.FLT is sitting in C:\XW\FILTERS
where I believe it belongs. Can anyone tell me whether this is a
pathing problem within XyWrite or within Windows? I suppose I
could always reinstall, but I like to understand the problems that
come up rather than merely apply brute force.

Best,

   K-Mac

  ---] Michael Paul McDowell, writing as Michael P. Kube-McDowell
  ---] Author of THE QUIET POOLS and STAR WARS: THE BLACK FLEET CRISIS
  ---] Web Site: http://www.sff.net/people/K-Mac/default.htm
  ---] Newsgroup: sff.people.Kube-McDowell at server NEWS.SFF.NET