Re: Cannot Load Printer

Richard Giering wrote:

> To: List
>  Thanks, but it looks like XYWIN may not be a true WIN App. More
> following the answer from LEXMARK:

>  Has anyone on the list tried a USB Printer??? It woulld appear that
> XYWIN is really a modified DOS app to run under windows rather than a
> true windows app. Carl, comment?? If my perception is correct, members
> of the list should be aware that XY will NEVER be capable of supporting
> USB printers, either directly or via windows.
>  Thanks to all for your support and especially for all suggestions.

I'm using the Lexmark i3, which is USB only, so I use Tim
Baehr's run wd.pgm to convert XY4dos to Word in order to
print. I can't imagine how this would apply to XYWin, but
it's a thought.

When I first ran into the USB problem last winter, Daniel
say did a great search that came up with a lot of dos/usb
discussions; his search results are surely in the archive.

He also came up with a program developed by Peter Lerup in
Sweden at http://www.lerup.com/mysoft.shtml. This looked
promising--for me at least--but I haven't been able to find
a calm enough block of time to focus on trying it out. If
you give it a whirl, I'd love to know what happens.

And I am a little perplexed by the response you got from
Lexmark. The only reason I bothered looking into Lexmark
printers was the occassional favorable mention the brand had