RE: Eliminate EOF (Ctrl-Z) character

> It's easy enough to eliminate EOF as the cause. Create your 1mail.tmp file
> in Xy3. Change to the directory that contains 1mail.tmp. Then issue the
> following command from the XyWrite command line (the file NOFILE must NOT
> exist!): DOS /C COPY 1MAIL.TMP/A+NOFILE 1MAIL.TMP/B

Many thanks to Robert for the tip. EOF is not the problem itself,
but it leads to what I think will be the solution:

List.com shows that the 1mail.prn routine appears to change the
EOF (ascii-26, Hex 1A) to Hex 0D (ascii-13). My 1mail.tmp files
end with ascii-13; the source files end with ascii-26.

I then pulled the same file up in Word and saved as a *.txt file.
Took a look in list.com, and the ascii save appends *another*
ascii-13 followed by an ascii-10 (Hex 0A). Outlook deals with
that just fine.

So (I think) all I have to figure is how to get 1mail.prn to zap
the EOF and replace with ascii-13, ascii-13, ascii-10. (The FE<
line has to end with just those characters.) That requires dig-
ging in to Robert's ctrlchar.txt file, around the mysteries of
routines [t] and [u], which I'm going to have to tackle in a
quieter moment than this.

"