Re: XYWRITE digest 2483

GsPrnDev=mswinpr2 default

Is that the DesignJet or DeskJet? A 600x600 inkjet? I don't see a model 3500
in the various lists of device drivers. Does it understand PCL?

The U2, Reg and INF programs are all new as of a few days ago. The GsPrnDev line, CLIPped from this very email, is in REG.

The printer is actually the HP 3550 Deskjet (not the Color Laserjet of the same number). Normal is 600x600, though it supports 24! 00 x 1200.  It doesn't understand PCL. And when I mentioned DOS to HP online support, well....

It does print from Gsview. But next time HP comes to visit, I'd love to show them their printer working from a DOS app.

Jon Pareles

P.S. Oh, and DICTION, Patricia, is the hyphenation dictionary.

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photobooks/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38088/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//page?.file=photobook_splash.html. You design it and we?ll bind it!