Re: XYWRITE digest 2483

do them anyway -- it makes me happy..
Your happiness is paramount, of course.

Thank you for the look under the hood at CLIP--like so many immensely useful things, it's very simple once someone else has figured it all out.

Yes, I'm using 2.0.6 and I ran through your instructions nearly without a hitch.

When I did, XY4 was clinging to a previous CLIP.TXT--perhaps because I had dropped into DOS?--but once I deleted CLIP.TXT the new clipped material became CLIP.TXT.

But that has not been a problem before. The latest CTRL-C bit has always been there for the CLIPping. I reiterate that it's not that CLIP isn't working, but that it's only  half working. Above th! e first 50 words (or so) of a file, it MErges just fine. Below that, it freezes and XY has to be shut down.

"evidence that your setup is fubar."

I wouldn't say my setup is fubar, an acronym that concludes: Beyond All Repair. Perhaps you mean snafu'd? Anyway, a ZIPfile will be wending its way to you privately. And jocularity aside, I greatly  appreciate the help and the fact that CLIP exists at all.

Jon Pareles

Yahoo! Photos
Got holiday prints? http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/holidayprints/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38089/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//print_splash to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.