Re: never thought I'd ask about color printing

		[ off list ]
" How can I print characters in color using this
" brand-new Lexmark 5700? It seems to emulate the HPDJ500; but I don't
" see any coloring in any of the shipped HP prn files, and checking the
" TTG drivers page I don't see any drivers that for practical purposes go
" beyond the HPDJ560C.PRN I've been using.
"
" Btw, apart from a bit of CPU-monopolizing, this printer does very
" nicely -- resolution is really outstanding, handles envelopes better
" than that old HP 540, and best of all it uses non-water-soluble inks.
" Rafe T.
" " raphaelt@xxxxxxxx " http://www.ray-field.com
--------------
	Postscript?

	You define a "font" in the printer driver as
	colour, Set that font up with a code for 'on'
	as md co, then md nm (normal) to off.

	Thus the printer, should, perhaps be able to
	do it in one pass.
or....
	Other then you'll have to deke out the codes for
	colour swap and use them in the driver with the
	send-code-to-printer XPL code, which I have
	temporarily forgotten. There is something like
	that in the Help file.

	Isn't the Lexmark a Winprinter? Only can have
	settings from Windows, never DOS?

					Daniel Say