never thought I'd ask about color printing

And then I'll shut up. How can I print characters in color using this
brand-new Lexmark 5700? It seems to emulate the HPDJ500; but I don't
see any coloring in any of the shipped HP prn files, and checking the
TTG drivers page I don't see any drivers that for practical purposes go
beyond the HPDJ560C.PRN I've been using.

Btw, apart from a bit of CPU-monopolizing, this printer does very
nicely -- resolution is really outstanding, handles envelopes better
than that old HP 540, and best of all it uses non-water-soluble inks.

Rafe T.

raphaelt@xxxxxxxx
http://www.ray-field.com