RE: XyWrite history? (timeline)

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 23 Oct
2005 14:56:37 -0400

> Or was it that the Y2K code fix was so incredibly minor (I'd
> bet it was) that they didn't give it a second thought?

That's my guess. The so-called Y2K fix was as minor as they come.
It corrected a glitch in the way the "YY" date mask displays 2-digit
years post 1999. For example, on October 23, 2005, TODAY mm/dd/yy
or DA mm/dd/yy produced "10/23/105". The error also showed up in
DIRectory listings, but file integrity was not affected. Not
exactly apocalyptic, eh?

Y2K. Seems like a thousand years ago, doesn't it?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx