Re: Spellers

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:03:50 -0500

> I'd also be happy to test given the spellers for XyWin.

I can't give you the spellers. If you have them already, I'd be delighted if you'd
test. Which one(s) do you have?

> Do I gather from
> your list that there's no XyWin PCLEX speller for German?

There is a PCLEX speller for German, and a very good one at that. Whether PCLEX
spellers work at all in XyWin remains an open question; the information is
contradictory (I hope to resolve the question this week). They were designed for
Signature, and work equally well in Xy4-DOS. With revised frames to present &
handle them, which overcome the problems that annoyed many when they first came
out, they are very impressive -- especially the non-U.S. English ones. For U.S.
English, Microlytics is probably superior.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx