Email and acrimony

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Where did that Gilbert and Sullivan come from?
They would be proud of that ... But I digress.

There is a switch in Eudora to stop sending duplicates
(Tools/Options/Styled Text) but I cannot see the same in my Microsoft
product which I never use anyway. But:

Why does some email arrive full of % signs?

Does anyone know where I can find a simple explanation of the Coding
options (Mime, UUencode etc)?

Why do some people get only blank emails if the original email is formatted?

And - strictly ON topic - has any XyWin user ever got SEND MAIL to work?
When I start XyWin there is SEND MAIL in the EDIT menu, the implication
being that you can create a message in XyWrite and effortlessly pass it to
your email software. Click on it and you are asked whether you want to use
the open file or stored file, and whether you want an attachment. After all
that. however, I get ane error message:

SMI not enabled in Win.Ini Cannot send mail

And the Send Mail is now greyed out in the menu.

However in Win.Ini I have:

[Mail]
SMI=1
MAPI=1
MAPIX=1
OLEMessaging=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=MAPI32.DLL
Exchange=C:\Progra~1\Window~1\exchng32.exe

I have the Eudora MAPI server on when running, whatever that means. I know
people use XyWrite for email by copying text into other programs, but that
is balls-aching, particularly given the ludicrous limit on how much you can
copy to the Windoze Clipboard. If there is a SEND MAIL item on a XyWin
menu, presumably somebody at some time thought it would work ...

Paul Williams, 123VOYAGE - Internet for All - Internet pour tous:
Home page: http://123voyage.com/index.htm
See our new virtual boutique selling regional specialities from SW France at:
 http://123voyage.com/realsw/tresors/index.htm