Re: U2 version 119

** Reply to message from Judith Davidsen  on Mon, 09
Jan 2006 00:41:34 -0500

Umm, another thing: is SETTINGS.DFL actually *in* C:\XY4? Or is the only copy
of it instead in XY4\PICTURES\ORIG -- or somewhere else also? What you say to
Patricia bothers me: everything works fine in one session, but when you
relaunch it ceases to work fine. That makes absolutely zero sense to me.
Ummm... in XyWrite's Desktop shortcut Properties ==> Program tab, does the
"Start in" or "Working" line point at C:\XY4 ? It must.

I want you to put, at the tip top of STARTUP.INT, two new lines before all
other lines (copy one of the existing lines and just change the text, so that
you use proper functions BX and Q2):
BX c:Q2 ;*;
BX cd \xy4Q2 ;*;

(You've got another "BX C:Q2 " further down in the file -- you can delete that
one.) SAve STARTUP.INT and relaunch.

> The use of ST  for long filenames seems to be something new,
> or new at least since I last updated. I can't find any mention of
> long files names in a couple of U2s I have from 2002. I've always
> used ST successfully from the time I first tried
> U2--2000?--until this week.

Well, I only find one mention of "Long file names" in the current U2, and it is
not in connection with this frame. There are plenty of mentions in the Help
file, though. This command has existed in U2 for a long time, but earlier it
was for OS/2 only. Maybe you have a U2 which, if it couldn't find a command in
U2, passsed the command to XyWrite to see if a native command of the same name
perhaps existed there. Whatever. Things change.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx