Re: XyWin 4.12

As was just pointed out, this maintenance release has been under
construction for some time. It will incorporate many of the
special fixes that have been made available to individual users
TTG development staff has tested a fix and is somewhat confident
of its stability they have included it in the 4.12 package. At
each change they have given the package a new letter designation.
I think they were up to or beyond
4.12I late last year. The 4.12 that started shipping yesterday
will be the new general release (new purchasers will get it).

I called TTG yesterday to see if a long standing order I placed
for the final 4.12 release was still on file. It wasn't, so I
ordered it once again. I was told it would ship yesterday or
today. We'll see.

I found out a few other things in a pleasant conversation. 1st,
TTG has been hiring new sales staff. The person I spoke to was
very eager to please, but not really yet up to date with past
history. Jeff Ramsay, formerly Xywrite Product Manager, has left
the company and apparently someone else has taken over thatjob.
Might I suggest that a brief introduction from her to us here and
on the PCAPP forum on Compuserve would be nice. In any case, as
of now TTG is still in business and they are apparently accepting
and filling orders. I learned nothing new about development
plans.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947