From: flash
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: How many of us are there left? Xy under OSX

Carlo,

I too jumped from W2K to OSX about 10 years ago. I first tried
VirtualPC on a PowerBook G4 (pre-Intel). I am currently running SnoLep
on a Mac Book Pro (Intel).

There are a couple of solutions for getting Xy to run under OSX. Lisa
has got Xy up and running using Boxer. There is another solution
called DOS-Box. I am using CrossOver (which is a paid-for variant of
Wine). These latter three solutions allow one to run Xy alone without
the overhead of installing virtual-Windows (as in VirtualPC or
Parallels). The PowerBook G4 was under-RAMmed to make virtualPC
perform well, but with double the RAM in the Intel Mac and lo-overhead
of Boxer/DOS-Box/CrossOver, the performance matches what I once had
running Xy in W2K.

Send me private email if you want to proceed w/ Xy under OSX and need
help. The main issue is getting the Dos environment to 'see' the OSX
file system, as there is nothing in OSX which responds to C:\