Laptops

  I thought about the T1200HB but scratched it because of the weight,
about 11 pounds. A T1200XE weighs 8 pounds, about 2 more than I'd like,
but I decided to go with it because of the keyboard -- which is
full-travel, feels solid, and will last. A lot of the very light
notebooks (4-5 pounds) have keyboards that feel flimsy.
  Sacrifices have to be made for extreme light weight, and keyboards
are one of the first places to cut weight.
  The one thing I wish the T1200XE had is a VGA screen. It has a CGA
screen that can be used double-scan with software that supports it,
giving an effective 640x400, but very little software will do that.
Just the same, the square pixels on a LCD monitor mean that the letters
are jaggy, not fuzzy, remaining easy and restful to read -- unlike
those on a CGA CRT screen.