Re: Looking for XyWrite

>1.  How do you enter document information into a file. Version 4 allows
>you to do this from Menu interface, but I would like to know the command-
>line syntax for this.

XY3 doesn't have that, thank God. XY4 has it (after the end-of-file code).

>2.  How do you do a search-and-replace using wild-cards?
XY3 only allows searching, not replacing. XY4 has both. The key combinations
you can look up in the help file.

>I am particularly interested how I can enter the angle-bracket
>delimiters that control the formatting.
The guillemets are ASCII 174 and 175. You can put them on your keyboard
where you want. (And if you dont like them, you can even replace them
with something else.)

>3.  I would also like to know how to write macros and how to expand
>abbreviations in Xy3.

You open a file and toggle macro recording on and off with the Scroll Lock
key. Abbreviations get expanded by making an .spl file and turning on
on autoreplace (func ar).

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the -if he-
--if 'is' means is and never has been that is not -- that is one thing.
--If it means there is none, that was...true." Bill Clinton, 8/17/98