Re: Full-screen DOS Prompt on Vista (was I want to go geek .. and VPC?)

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"
 on Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:50:43 -0400

> He then opened the
> Properties tab of the DOS prompt and started enlarging the screen size
> and buffer size. Went too fast for me to see the exact numbers (which
> in any event would depend on screen size and resolution, no?), but
> there's a graphical representation of the DOS prompt size superimposed
> on the full screen. As the numbers went up, the DOS screen enlarged.
> When the two coincided, he hit apply, OK, then Alt-enter. Et VoilĂ !
> Full screen DOS prompt.

He enlarged screen size and buffer size, then "when the two
coincided", he hit Apply=>OK=>Alt-Enter. Hmmmm. You're sure
that screen size and buffer size were equal? Equal at **what
value**???? I would go back and ask that guy what exactly he
did, and maybe he can show you again, slowly this time. That's
very interesting! Very wierd and very interesting. This was on
a machine that had displayed a "no can do" message moments
before, when you tried Alt-Enter???

> Robert probably did it automatically, from force of habit, and then
> forgot.

Nope. Which is not to say that buffer and screen sizes weren't
identical, I just don't know or remember.

> But drivers have nothing to do with it.

Hmmm. Maybe. Maybe not.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx