RE: [Off Topic] Windows Genuine Advantage

Good points raised Phil.

I work for a company that develops, sells and supports an MIS system for
Printing companies.

Because our customer base is so small (700-800 companies world-wide), we
have to charge 15% per annum support fee. This is on top of the purchase
price that can range from $5000 for a very base system with 2 users thru to
$500,000+ for enterprise installations.

Yes, I agree with the general feeling amongst this distribution group
regarding Micro$oft and BBBG, but at the end of the day, they do produce
SOME fine software, operating systems (DOS 3.3 and 5.0 come to mind) and
applications (Access 2.0).

Micro$oft is a massive organisation and I think because of that it is easy
to point the finger at them (just like McDonalds, Nike, Wal-Mart...) Sure
they have made mistakes - costly for some people / organisations, but apart
from the basic "Hello World" batch files, there is no bug free software. And
a lot of software companies have produced horrendous apps.

If using Micro$oft operating systems/apps goes against the grain for some
people, there are alternatives available.

Marc