Re: TTG Marketing Woes

Bill TeBrake says:

> In
>the meantime, do you have any good XPL routines you'd like to share with
>us--the real purpose of this list?

>From the list "Welcome" Message:

>You are welcome to contact the Group about any topic connected with
>XyWrite and its uses.

TTG's marketing practices have been a consistent theme of discussion here,
judging by the archives. Apparently it is a subject of concern to a number
of subscribers, many of whom wonder if it's worthwhile to continue using
and investing in, this product. When individuals contact TTG through
other, highly limited, outlets and receive little or no response, it is not
surprising that they would turn to this little community as a kind of
pressure group to awaken TTG to the concerns of its customers. Sounds to
me like a very legitimate use of the list. In addition, TTG clearly uses
the free advice it picks up here to tweak its product -- a kind of "tech
support for TTG" that Mr. Frank has in the past told us he expects us to
pay for if we ask it of his people long after we've paid the purchase price
of his product. Consider, from 6 April 95:

>I cannot for the life of me understand how
>people can expect any organization to be able to function providing free
>services indefinitely for people who aren't providing any current (or even
>reasonably current) payment for it.

Maybe he should be charged for access to the list?

Peter Knupfer
Kansas State University