Re: Off Topic: Seeking equivalent Mozilla feature

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> The gotcha there is that some Web pages aren't
> really HTML. I have one
> that I tried to save that way, and what I got was a
> javascript and a
> string of jpgs and gifs. No way to know which to
> open first without the
> jScript, and right now my Java setup is somewhat
> messed up. One of these
> days I'll strighten it out and see if I can then
> view the page.

That was kind of my point, Patricia, and why I like
that _one_ (*.MHT) optional feature in IE. Let's say
you want to save a web-based "How To" Guide, which may
incorporate charts, graphics, diagrams, screenshots,
etc. A lot of those things aren't really HTML at all:
they were created with assorted other app.s, and then
strategically dropped into the web pages. If, at the
end, the author happened to present this to us as a
.PDF file, there is no problem, and nothing to do. If
not, the only choice is to print it out from the
online display, because you can't really Save it.  I
haven't made extensive use of the "web archive file"
option in IE, but I can't recall an instance where it
failed to capture the works. So -- however
reluctantly -- that is the tool I would reach for in
that situation. The resulting file can easily top
200K in size, but that's not a big deal these days.

Jordan