Re: XS rules

** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  02/19/96 02:09am -0500

> Re Robert's idea:
 blah blah blah
>> ... the  ... terminates execution at the desired point...
 blah blah blah
> Good one!

I'm not at all sure that these were "my" ideas; in any case, they are old
ideas. I've been putting delimiters like "|" around VA$KC codes, and then
using them to select portions of $trings, since VA$KC and VA$SC were
introduced. But I did something prosaic like:

;*;
>>+"|">;*;
>;*;

Whereas I'm pretty sure that Carl Distefano invented
the clever  shortcut, in which S/G 01 would be coded
|79|End|82|Insert>. However, that's only
pointful if you're Putting (executing or running) the result in S/G 05; if
you require a clean $tring you gotta revert to the above procedure (which
works in all contexts). If user hits key #79, S/G 05 would return, by the
two different procedures:

VA@05|1: End
  : End|82|Insert

Take your pick.