Re: Expanding horizons

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Mon, 23 May 2005
00:32:30 -0400

> My books, tapes, and pamphlets are there on the
> premise: why not sell stuff, as long as you've got a web site? And the
> level of my work in general is well known to the Objectivist market.

But don't you wish to convert, as well as preach to the already converted?
Psychologically, signing up -- even for a "free trial" (heavily freighted words
these days!) -- is a significant step, given the glut in everyone's life. The
danger of having exclusively commercial links and no samples (whatever the
reason) is (I'm sure you realize) that you might be taken for a scam. Scams
predominate; people are rightly cautious. Anyway, I thought your posts
addressed provocative topics, would have enjoyed to read a few of them, and was
disappointed that they were all non-links. You're selling, but there's no
salesmanship!

And Hepburn is never "dated material".