Re: XyWrite history? (timeline)

OK, I went rummaging and turned up some old disks, and here's what I have
A single disk labeled editor.exe ver. 4.015, dated 3/31/94. (Obviously, I must have a complete set of an earlier release somewhere, but cannot lay my hand on it right now.)
Another single disk labeled Xy 4.015L, Editor update, with editor.exe of
 11/15/93 and xy4.mnu and .dlg dated 11/17/93
(Yes, that makes no sense: 4.015 is 3-4 months LATER than 4.015L!)
A set of 4 disks labeled XyWrite 4.017, the first disk of which has files dated from 2/1/93 to 5/26/95
My working directory has files dated from 2/4/87 (dict.spl) to 8/23/99
(editor.exe, which IS the Y2K fix; it's my archival set that still has
the one of 5/8/95); that's excluding XyWWWeb, printer files, sgts, and
other files modified since installation.
XyWrite for Windows: set of 4 disks, labeled 4.12, with files from 1/25/
to 10/26/95; XyWin manual is copyright July 1993, 1st ed

Ibid for XyWrite 4: one disk, files dated from 2/1/93 to 4/14/94.
Ibid for XyWrite: a floppy either copied from one TTg sent, or possibly from an e-mail or download, with files dated from 8/2 to 8/20/94
Interestingly, though Windows recognizes XyWin as a "Windows" app to the
extent of creating a lnk, not a pif, for it, if one right-clicks on the
exe file, the properties sheet will not give you a version tab, the way
it does for a real Windows app. And on modern PCs the splash screen
doesn't stay long enough for me to read it.

Apropos of III+, searching for something else, I came across this post
from Myron Gochnauer on Aug. 19, 2004:
≪If I recall correctly, 3.58 corrected a Y2K problem with earlier
versions, but other than that no improvements were announced (nor
noticed by me).

The most obvious change came with 3.57 or perhaps 3.56, when a
threatened lawsuit forced XyQuest to change the autocorrection function.≫

Patricia M. Godfrey