in four (4) sentences

Dorothy,
Do you know why Nota Bene is listing Ibid Plus as available for a limited time only or while supplies last? The reason I ask is that I am getting ready to work with a large group of volunteers to do a research project on the Underground Railroad and its connections to our church. We will need to do very careful cataloging of the results of the research so that myself and a few other professional researchers/writers can pull together the data into a coherent whole. People entering data in the computer will not necessarily be those who did the research, nor will they necessarily be skilled researchers - i.e. we need a system that allows for entering large amounts of text, but that requires/guides the data entry person to document a number of crucial pieces of information for the research to be useful. The description you gave of Ibid Plus and its description on the Nota Bene website makes it look more like what we might need then Orbis, which looks much more free form, perhaps too free form for our project.
Can you please comment. Comments also welcome from other members of the
list. I also intend to query the Nota Bene list in this regard.

Fritz Casey-Leininger