Re: type versus Copy in DOS

Harry Binswanger wrote:
No, either I mis-wrote or you mis-read. The point was that "Type
test.txt" displayed the file, but redirecting it to LPT2, via "Type
test.txt > LPT2" didn't print it, but gave me a new C:\ prompt,
indicating it completed.
Right, I misread it. But that leaves us back where we started.
The networked printer is mapped to LPT1 OK, because Net Use
reports it correctly, but the NTVDM is not seeing it. (That's
proved by the fact that you cannot print to it from edit.com,
which means it's not--or not entirely--a Xy setting that's
gumming things up). Had it NEVER worked, I'd assume the printer
just wasn't PCL-speaking. But you say you DID once print to it
from Xy? Is spooling turned ON in Windows->Settings->Printers and
faxes? Because once it got turned off on the office HP DJ (no
idea how), and then Net Use redirection didn't work.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx