III+ problem

Hi
I am running III+ in a dos box under windows 3.11 and dos 6.22.
I also run other dos applications (procom+ and quatro 5, for example).
I have a problem that seems related to using xy in a dos box.

After some period of using xy, when opening or closing xywrite windows I
get a series of error messages as follows:

FCB unavailable
Disk error on overflow file

or sometimes

FCB unavailable
error writing to disk

I mention dos 6.22 because I have been told by this version of dos it is
no longer necessary to set file control blocks in config.sys

I tried setting FCBS=24,8 (and other parameters) anyway but it did not help.

Does anyone have a similar experience or suggestions for a solution
(other than switching to your favourite operating system)?

TIA,

Les Robb

&  A. Leslie Robb,  Department of Economics,   McMaster University  &
&  Hamilton, Ontario  L8S 4M4                     &
&  1-905-525-9140 ext. 23815           Fax: 1-905-521-8232  &