Automatic Saves when typing

Here's a wild idea to get more frequent saves for the really, really
worried (Patricia?)
Given the speed of today's computers, you can set up Xy to do an automatic
save every time a particular key is hit and never even notice. For
instance, I experimented with doing this with ENTER (key number 28). Even
when I hit ENTER twice for double-spacing, there's no noticeable delay on
my 1.33 GHz machine.

28=no,{musical note symbol},bx,s,a,/,n,v, ,c,:,\,t,m,p,q2
Assigning this to the ENTER key doesn't even interfere with using the ENTER to eXeCute commands on the command line. (However, it could be a problem when using ENTER for the spell-checker, etc. In XPL programs, you'd have to use VA$KC to test user-entry. I've done only the most cursory testing.)
My thinking was that I generally hit ENTER to make a new paragraph only
when I'm at least temporarily satisfied with what I've typed in the
paragraph. But probably there's a better choice than ENTER.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx